How to Choose Best Wood for Carpentry
Woodwork is by far one of the most embraced industries in Ireland. The use of both softwood and hardwood for woodwork is a factor depending on what type of piece or finish you are working on, we at Carpenter Tallaght work with all types of wood and can guide in selecting best wood for your bathrooms and kitchens.
Different pieces and finishes demand different types of wood. This narrows down to either hardwood or softwood. After all, is said and done, the supply of timber for both hardwood and softwood timber is one thing to be sought after. click here to learn more about hardwood and softwood.
You might want a certain type of hardwood or softwood timber but it all narrows down to the supplies. The focus of this article will be on hardwood timber supplies.
Types of Hardwood in Ireland
Below are the types of hardwoods found in Ireland. They include;
- Marple; it’s hard, heavy and strong. It’s a high bending and crushing strength. It has a medium stiffness
- Alder; it’s one of the oldest trees In Ireland. It’s very heavy and strong. Its bending and crushing properties are good. It’s medium durable too
- Mahogany; it’s hard, strong and heavy. It’s easy to work with since its bending and crushing properties are good. It has a medium stiffness
- Oak; very good strength properties. It is moderate when it comes to durability.
- Walnut; is a tough and hard timber. It is very durable and the best thing about it is its water-resistance capabilities
Softwoods also do well in Ireland. They include;
Factors to Consider when Choosing a Hardwood Timber Supply
In Ireland, there are very many reasons to consider when looking at the supply of both softwood and hardwood timber and you’ll get to consider some factors.
1. The Ordering Process
Many suppliers have different methods of supplying hardwood timber for woodwork. You must put into consideration this factor. learn more woodworking at https://gmcarpenter.ie/
Depending on the type of woodwork that you’re undertaking, consider the ordering process. To maybe a make it or break it factor. A seamless ordering process will lead to seamless product delivery.
2. Delivery Details of the suppliers
Woodwork suppliers must be at the top of their game. Do a background check if the suppliers are always up to speed when it comes to the type of hardwood you require for your woodwork. You don’t want a last-minute rush and disappointments and you already have a project on the move.
3. Check if the Hardwood you are Being Supplied with is Authentic to the Type of Project at Hand
Hardwood comes in different varieties. It’s therefore important to check with the supplier if they have the right type of hardwood needed for the woodwork project in question.
There some hardwood is good for furniture, others are good for floor finishes while others are good for making finishes. It’s therefore advisable to check the type of hard you need from the suppliers, learn more on best woods for furniture by clinging here
4. Consider if the Hardwood is Pocket Friendly
When you’re taking on a project it’s wise to consider the price of the ideal hardwood. Check from different suppliers and get the variation but remember do not down look at the quality. Get the best deals at the lowest prices. Big saves allow you to come with big smiles.
5. Do a background check with different types of hardwood
Different hardwood comes in different varieties and they also are being used differently when it comes to different projects. You want to get the best when you are set out for a particular project. Don’t get it mixed up and get a very poor final product.
Hardwood timber supply in Ireland is an angle that so many woodworking projects consider. It’s a corner that comes as a big help when it comes to woodwork.
It’s an eye-opener since most projects nowadays are done by amateurs. Putting into consideration the above facts might lead you in the right direction.